Legal Question in Immigration Law in Illinois

I wish to apply for the L-1 visa. Currently I am partner in a firm overseas in Pakistan with 49 % shares, the other two partners have 49 % and 2 % shares each.

Does this shareholding genuinely show that I am an employee in company and can quality for the initial 3 year I - 129 visa ?

I have heard that if I am majority or highest shareholding then I will be considered a business owner rather than employee in which case the initial I-129 visa will be for 1 year.

Please clarify only this point regarding allowed stake in firm for I 129 visa .. thanks

Asked on 9/03/13, 1:20 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Please call my office for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 9/03/13, 5:44 am
Rebecca White Law Office of Rebecca White
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your role within the company will determine eligibility, however coming to start a new company will usually result in an initial one year grant.

If I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Read more
Answered on 9/03/13, 3:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now