Legal Question in Immigration Law in Illinois

My name is awa I am in the US for 10 years I have 2 kids one is 5 the other one is 3 . I want to know is there anyway way possible to be lagal in the US. Note : I overstayed my visa and no one never petition for me. Thanks

Asked on 7/13/10, 8:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


If you came legally and overstayed and married to a US citizen, then, yes, you might be able to obtain a lawful permanent resident status in USA. Your 5 and 3 year old kids can't petition for you, but a US citizen husband can

Note: The above response is provided for legal information purposes only and should not be considered a legal advice; it doesn’t create an attorney-client relationship. For more information or to schedule a consultation, please visit

If you would like to request a confidential legal advice or schedule telephone or email consultation regarding your specific situation, please email me directly at Attorney @ . Office Telephone line is 1-402-210-2040 (please EMAIL first to schedule a consultation appointment). I am an immigration attorney and work with clients from all States and globally. More information at

Read more
Answered on 7/13/10, 12:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now