Legal Question in Immigration Law in Illinois

Good Evening, My husband is currently in the Geo Val Verde Correctional Facility in Del Rio, TX for illegal re-entry after being deported over a year ago, he's been in this facility for 2 months and today went to court to plead guilty for illegal reentry and was given a court date of 9/21/2011 for sentencing, I am a US Citizen and so is our 1 yr old son and we have another one on the way, is there anything I can do to get him out here or have him deported sooner and if not, how much jail time is he looking at?

Cancel

Brian D. Lerner Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A Professional Corporation

Hello:

It is difficult to beat an illegal reentry. The better path to take is to see if it is possible to get rid of the deportation order in the first place or to see if he can be petitioned. Why was he originally deported? If because of a crime, then what was the crime and what was the sentence?

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Illinois