Legal Question in Immigration Law in Illinois

Can H4 Visa apply for Green card independently?,she is having MBA degree from India

Asked on 10/28/12, 8:06 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Ajay Arora Ajay K. Arora, Attorney-at-Law, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Although H4 status does not allow for current employment, the green card process is an offer of full-time, "permanent" employment in the future. Thus, an employer in the U.S. can start the green card process while the candidate is presently in H4 status. General information is here:

Read more
Answered on 10/29/12, 5:30 am
Rebecca White Law Office of Rebecca White
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, someone on an H-4, with a prospective offer of employment, may have an employer file a PERM or other employment or family immigrant visa.

Read more
Answered on 10/29/12, 10:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now