Legal Question in Employment Law in Illinois

I am an employee for a large insurance corporation and work in a call center setting where I answer in bound calls. They monitor and apparently watch everything on my computer screen. I was under the understanding they only monitored the calls and screen during calls however I was dead wrong! I was called into a meeting the other day and they had screenshots of chats that I had an also Personal Email screenshot from where I had access to my personal email. the company obviously does prohibit those actions being done while working however they do allow for those types of things to be done on personal breaks. I may have not been on breaks when I access the account um but I still feel like my privacy has been compromised. I received a verbal warning but now I'm thinking I should have obtained copies of the screenshots they had. What should I do now?

Chen Kasher Chen Kasher

You don't really have any expectation of privacy in your workplace. They own the computers and can monitor your activity. I'd learn from this experience and avoid accessing anything in the future.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Illinois

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms