Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Illinois

Kicking out a roommate

I've asked my very verbally abusive boyfriend to leave our apartment and he refuses. My father owns the property we're renting. What can I do?

Asked on 4/19/09, 9:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Lee John D. Lee and Associates, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Kicking out a roommate

Did your boyfriend sign a lease with you, or sign a lease by himself? Does he pay you or your father any of the rent? If so, he has rights under that lease as a tenant, and verbal abuse of you may not be a violation of the lease. Do you want to ask your father to intervene and demand your boyfriend leave? Do you want to move out and leave your boyfriend? This reply does not constitute legal advice because you are not as yet my client.

Read more
Answered on 4/19/09, 10:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now