Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Illinois

My landlord gave me an eviction notice for 5 days. It says I owe $369.00, but I have paid in full for eleven months as well as a full security deposit. Can I get evicted after five days? Do I have the chance to contest in court?

If what you are saying is that you skipped the last month thinking you would apply the security deposit to rent, the 5-day may be valid, but it is highly unlikely that you will be evicted before your lease is up based on the timing - after the 5 days' is up if you haven't moved by then the landlord would have to file an eviction lawsuit and it could easily take 3 weeks to get to court for starters. However if you hoped to remain a tenant for another year you may have just destroyed that possibility.

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Illinois

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms