Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Illinois

How do I find a malpractice attorney and what do I need to start a law suit against a doctor

Adam Tracy The Tracy Firm, Ltd.

Thank you for your question. A good place to start would be your local Bar Association. They can usually provide you with a number of attorneys local to you that experience in that area. If you would like to follow up with me to discuss, please feel free to email me: at@tarcyfirm.com

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

The best way to start is to obtain all of your medical records before contacting an attorney.

The attorney will need to review the records and have a medical professional do so before a case can be filed as Illinois requires that a physician certify that there is a valid claim before a case can be filed in court.

The internet is a good place to start, including the profiles in Law Guru. Many attorneys such as myself, will accept cases whether they are local or not. In fact, I do not think that there are many if any medical malpractice attorneys in South Elgin. The most important factor is obtaining an experienced malpractice attorney wherever located.

Good luck.

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Illinois