Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Illinois

How do I find a malpractice attorney and what do I need to start a law suit against a doctor

Asked on 3/16/12, 1:20 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Adam Tracy The Tracy Firm, Ltd.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Thank you for your question. A good place to start would be your local Bar Association. They can usually provide you with a number of attorneys local to you that experience in that area. If you would like to follow up with me to discuss, please feel free to email me:

Read more
3/17/12, 11:22 am
Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The best way to start is to obtain all of your medical records before contacting an attorney.

The attorney will need to review the records and have a medical professional do so before a case can be filed as Illinois requires that a physician certify that there is a valid claim before a case can be filed in court.

The internet is a good place to start, including the profiles in Law Guru. Many attorneys such as myself, will accept cases whether they are local or not. In fact, I do not think that there are many if any medical malpractice attorneys in South Elgin. The most important factor is obtaining an experienced malpractice attorney wherever located.

Good luck.

Read more
3/18/12, 6:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88333 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now