Illinois  |  Medical Malpractice

A friend of mine had a mammogram which revealed she had breast cancer. She was scheduled for an MRI which was supposed to help in determining whether or not the cancer had spread beyond the lump detected by the mammogram. During the MRI, the technician brought the machine "down" and crushed my friends ribs, causing her to suffer broken ribs on both sides of her body (my friend is a larger woman) and she was unable to proceed with the MRI. She did have surgery to remove the lump and the surgeon also removed some lymph nodes, which were biopsied and it was determined the cancer had not metastasized. My friend would like to file a lawsuit against the hospital that crushed her ribs; however, one attorney has advised her that if she has no permanent damage, she has no case. my questions is, does she have a case??

Answered on: 8/15/13, 1:18 pm by John Wunsch

Dear Sirs,

Should your friend need to discuss her case in greater detail, please have her call our office. We have over thirty (30) years of experience in medical malpractice cases and may be able to assist.

Many thanks,

John C. Wunsch

Law Offices

JOHN C. WUNSCH, P.C.

(312) 977--9900

8.15.13

Law Offices John C. Wunsch, P.C. 77 West Washington Street Chicago, IL 60602

Answered on: 8/15/13, 4:16 pm by Nima Taradji

From what you have written, she does have a case regardless of whether it is permanent or not. If the operator of the machine caused her to fracture her ribs, that's negligence pure and simple and is compensable.

Have your friend contact my office so that we may discuss her situation in more detail.

Taradji Law Offices 120 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2800 Chicago, IL 60602