Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Illinois

If permanently injured by a physician's care (or lack thereof), how long a period do I have to file a lawsuit against him?

Asked on 4/22/13, 4:22 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Lawrence Stein Huck, Bouma, Martin, Jones & Bradshaw, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Two years.

Read more
Answered on 4/22/13, 4:56 pm
Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The general rule is 2 years. However, there are exceptions to the rule depending on the circumstances.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/13, 3:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now