Illinois  |  Personal Injury

I am on a mock trial team, and I don't have much experience with writing opening statements. In fact, I've never written one before. I am hoping that someone with experience would be kind enough to help me. I would greatly appreciate it.

Here are the facts:

A child, Junior, was diagnosed with HID (a hyperactive disorder)

The father, after Junior was asked to leave from two childcare centers, applied to a third childcare center (The center that I am defending) and lied about his Son's medical history; he said that he had never been diagnosed with anything. We have the contract in which he lied about the disability.

Junior climbed up onto something when he was suppose to be sitting in line, fell down and injured himself.

I will be arguing contributory negligence.

As witnesses, we have the doctor that diagnosed Junior, the neighbor who testified he was a "Bad Kid" and the injury was inevitable, and the preschool director.

If they told us about the HID, it wouldn't of happened.