Illinois  |  Personal Injury

My mom was in a car accident on April 24,2012 and the person who hit her did not have insurance she suffered a fracture to her right hand and back pain. She is a house keeper and a babysitter. She missed days from work and fully still cannot use her arm. She went to physical therapy and her bills were approximately 1600 dollars. She had to go after my sisters insurance company and the adjuster offerred her 1400 dollars stating because she didn't go to the hospital that was all he could offer. But the police were called to scene and we had police report. She asked for 3000 but he said he could only give her 1400. He sent her a relase form to sign and it had 3000 on the release what she wants to know is this her amount she will get because the release says to be paid to her in hand paid. Or is this with the bills. She is confused because it just states its her settlement and says nothing about paying the bills out of it.

Thank you Illinois resident

Answered on: 7/10/12, 8:54 pm by Burton Padove

Based on the information provided, they are lowballing your mother. Your mother will be expected to pay the bills out of the settlement.

I suggest that you contact an attorney. Good luck

Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove 2327 45th Street, Suite B Highland, IN 46322

Answered on: 7/11/12, 4:13 am by Nima Taradji

Your mother wants to settle a fractured hand for $3000? That is absurd! Your mother needs to quit screwing around with her case and contact a personal injury attorney immediately.

Best advice I can give you.

Taradji Law Offices 120 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2800 Chicago, IL 60602

Answered on: 7/11/12, 6:54 am by Scott A. Blumenshine

Your mother's injury, based on information provided, has a greater value than insurance company offer.

She would benefit from at least having a consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney. The consultation should be free and be no obligation.

Law Offices of Meyer and Blumenshine 105 W. Adams Street, 39th Floor Chicago, IL 60603