Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Illinois

I am trying to cancel a reservation for a vacation rental and receive reimbursement of my depiosit. The contract I signed has no mention of a $75 fee but the owners claim it is stated on their website. Am I entitled to a full refund?

No clue without seeing everything, but the general rule is that if there is a written contract and the contract has a provision that says that it supersedes all prior representations (the website would be one such representation), then the contract SHOULD control and if there is no mention of the cancellation fee in the contract then you may have a case. But then there will be additional issues: where was the contract made, where can you sue, and how much are you willing to spend to get back $75? The cost of filing a law suit in most jurisdictions is several hundred dollars.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Illinois