I made a cash offer on a Short Sale in April. Bank of America (BofA) held the account.
Per Seller's Atty in May
16th:The file was in the process of being reviewed by BofA
22nd: BofA contact person says she doesn't see any notes on the account regarding the short sale & attorney should call back in a few days
31st: Account was service released to Carrington Mortgage
Apparently, the Seller wasn't checking his mail & wasn't aware of this. Since then, I have waited for Seller to re-submit required documents to Carrington. Status, as of today: "file is with the underwriter for final approval & a decision by mid August is possible.
My Realtor says it would cost more to sue then what I'm paying for the house.
All I want is for Carrington to accept my offer (as accepted by BofA).
1 Answer from Attorneys
Unless your contract provides you with specific rights if the short sale is not approved at all or by a date certain, you have no leverage. Have an attorney review the contract; this correspondence may be helpful but is not determinative of your rights.
Related Questions & Answers
I paid $200 deposit for apartment and no longer interested Asked 7/30/13, 5:36 pm in United States Illinois Real Estate and Real Property