Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Illinois

My mother bought me and my husband a house my name my husband as well as my mothers name is on the house but me an my husband lives here my mother doesn't live here so we pay the utilities and taxes for the house but my mother won't let us pay her back mean while she's controlling what we do with the house I wanted to know what rights do we have? Can she control what we do with this house like forcing us to let someone move in?

Sounds like she is 1/3 owner. AND, she gave you a house as a gift. There may be tax consequences to her, I can't say. But now the three of you are "partners" and each has a 1/3 vote on how the house is occupied, paid for, used, etc. You and your husband could simply move out but you would still be obligated to 2/3 of the taxes, insurance, utilities, etc. if nobody else paid them, so it is time to sit down with an attorney and try to work something out that all 3 of you can understand and live by.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Illinois