Illinois  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/10/13, 12:54 pm

sister died leaving everything to me, including house in her will.. Mortgage is 45000 but is appraised much lower. there is a small estate to cover this expense. can i legally walk away from this house . Because my name is not on the deed and the house value is less than money owed what are my options.. same goes for unpaid charge cards.. is the estate rsponsible? the will is not in probate .

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search