Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Illinois

My uncle has been named executor over the building I reside in. We have a lease but he has told us to move so they can get money for building the railroad is purchasing. Can he make me move before my lease is up?

Asked on 10/21/13, 2:42 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Thomas Moens Moens Law Offices, Chartered
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Without reviewing the lease, it is difficult to say. Generally, he would be required to live up to the terms of the lease.

Read more
Answered on 10/21/13, 2:47 pm
Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

An attorney will need to review the lease and research the controlling law to answer your question. I would be willing to do so for a reasonable fee. Feel free to contact me directly.

Read more
Answered on 10/21/13, 5:07 pm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I agree with the others about having the lease reviewed. Sometimes in anticipation of an estate situation, where the property might be sold, a landlord may reserve the right to terminate to free up the building. If you're not sure if this kind of clause is in the lease, it's time to have a professional check.

Read more
Answered on 10/21/13, 5:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88693 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now