Illinois  |  Social Security Law

disability benefits for someone who is mentally incompetent to take care of hers

A certain lady is living in a very poor condition. She is devorced. Her ex-husband paid her more than everything that was due her when they signed the devorce papers about 7 or 8 years ago. She had a car, all her personal belongings, and at least 90,000 dollars in her bank account in 1992. By around 96, she was pennyless because of her mental condition (for which she was hospitalized for a period of time). She has two sisters but they did was to give her fake phone numbers. She has been seen walking around her neighborhood begging for 2 dollars to buy some food. I was wondering if someone could legally represent her and help her get her disability benefits. Please instruct me on how this can be done. Thank you.