Legal Question in Veterans Law in Illinois

i was examined by a psychiatrist for mental disorders at my c & p exam. I was given a 50 gaf score but the dr. also strongly recommended to the va that i be examined for ptsd. what do i do know and can someone help me with my claim

Asked on 5/21/12, 7:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jill Mitchell Heard & Smith, LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the C&P doctor recommended it, then they should follow up and do that for you. If this is a new claim and not an appeal, you may have a hard time finding an attorney to help you because the law doesn't allow attorneys to get involved for a fee until after the case is on appeal. You may want to wait and see what they do and talk to a patient advocate or someone at your local VA office to make sure they give you the evaluation and care that you need. If you have any more questions, feel free to email me directly at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 5/21/12, 9:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Veterans Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now