Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Illinois

what legal rights do I have as to living in a house I own half of and the other oarty doesn't want me living there

Asked on 7/05/13, 4:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Virginia Prihoda Law Offices of Virginia Prihoda
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to focus on methods and opportunities to resolve your domestic dispute in priority over an examination of your legal rights. You may find that your rights are enforceable only in a court proceeding which may indicate a lawsuit to partition and sell the property is appropriate, I suggest you talk to an attorney in your jurisdiction to explore the particular facts and circumstances of your situation, and seek out a neutral third party (such as a pastor, rabbi or social worker) who can serve to help you arbitrate your differences with the other party.

Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 7:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now