Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Illinois

Can I will a piece of property to one son, with a permanent lease on one building?

Asked on 8/24/13, 11:13 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joseph Brabender Brabender & Chiang LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your goal can be achieved, but you should hire a lawyer to help you with it. Wills are very easy to mess up if you do them yourself.

I'm not sure what you mean by "permanent lease", but a lawyer can help you with all this.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/13, 11:19 am
Sue Roberts-Kurpis, Esq. Law Office of Sue Roberts-Kurpis
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to re-ask your question with more detail and an explanation of what it is that you are trying to accomplish. Also you don't say specifically whether the property you want to leave your son is real or personal though you imply that it is real estate. Also you way "to one son" - are you excluding another son? Who will be the holder of the "permanent lease?" Once you re-ask your question and clarify it, we may be able to help you.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/13, 11:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now