Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Illinois

writing will. I have 1 adult son. I remarried 1 year ago. How do I protect assets from spouse so my son inherits portion?

Asked on 5/07/11, 10:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Caroline Palmer Law firm of Caroline Palmer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You clearly state in your will the portion of your property you wish your son to inherit and make sure that your will is properly signed and witnessed (in Illinois 2 disinterested witnesses are required. ) You then need to put the will in a safe place where it can be found when you die. It is not recommended you place the will in your lock box/ safely deposit box because once you die no one can access it.

Read more
Answered on 5/07/11, 11:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now