Legal Question in Workers Comp in Illinois

i am 27 years old and i got hurt on the job in 2007 i have had 2 suregies 1 was a to clean bone spurs in left shoulder and 2 was a slap repair or pec transfer my long thurasic nerve denerved also and now they sent me to school because because i am not able to do my job any more i made 31.55 hour and now they are talking settlement roughly what kind of money should i be looking at

Mike Helfand FindGreatLawyers.com

My take is that nothing is more important than your health so I would keep your medical rights open for life by taking your case to trial. I also wouldn't settle until we find a good job for you.

If you want our help call me at (800) 517-1614 and I'll point you in the right direction.

Jeffrey Friedman Law Office of Jeffrey Friedman

In order to give you meaningful advice about settlement, we would want to discuss all aspects of your case and your injury. Please feel free to call my office at 312-357-1431.

Jeff Friedman

Jason Marker Marker & Assosiates, Attorneys at Law, P.C.

If you cannot return to your job b/c of your injury, you should know you are entitled to ask them to help you find a job within your restriction. If you earn less money on that new job (which seems inevitable), you are entitled to the difference in pay for the rest of your life! Needless to say, given your situation, your case is going to be worth a decent buck - but there are various ways to value it, which gets very complex. The insurance company is in the business of saving money and so, they will never offer full value on your claim. I highly recommend you consult an attorney before settling and closing out your medical rights forever. Even though attorneys fees are 20%, you would likely receive more with the expertise of an attorney than settling by yourself. I have handled many cases similar to yours and I'm happy to provide a consultation for free at your convenience.

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Illinois

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms