Illinois  |  Workers Comp

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/08/10, 12:27 pm

I broke my hand and work about a 11/2yrs ago I have had 2 surgeries one to put pins and plates in and one to take them out. The insurance company sent me a letter about 2mos ago to settle my case for 25% for a broken finger I called them and informed them that I had broken my hand not my finger they just sent me a letter to settle for 10% of a hand I know that this is a very low figure seeing my hand is numb all the time and it always hurts and I do not have all my strength back in it. My doctor said I will have that the rest of my life as it was a crushing injury when it was broken. My doctor has released me back to work with no restrictions as there is nomore he can do. This is fine with me I can still do my job I just have these ongoing problems. My question is what should I tell the insurance company as I know they are trying to lowball me because they went from 25 to 10percent when the body part changed. Any help would be appreciated.

3 Answers

Answered on: 9/13/10, 12:33 pm by Mike Helfand

It is low. If you would like our help in getting more call me at (800) 517-1614. We only get 20% based on what we get you on top of what has been offered.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer. 140 S. Dearborn 7th floor Chicago, IL 60603

Other answers from this attorney

Answered on: 9/13/10, 12:35 pm by Sal Sheikh

You should hire a Workers Compensation Attorney.

It is the job of the insurance adjuster to pay out as little as possible for each claim.

You should hire legal counsel. Often an attorney may garner substantially hire settlements for their clients.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

312-532-8554 OR

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer. 542 S. Dearborn St. - Suite 510 Chicago, IL 60605

Other answers from this attorney

Answered on: 9/13/10, 12:37 pm by Nima Taradji

There is simply no way to give you a proper evaluation of your case simply based on what you have written and without the privilege of having reviewed all your medical records, reports and charts.

What I can tell you is that there is no way the adjuster will give you a fair assessment of your case if you continue negotiating by yourself. The fact is that the adjuster is not your friend--as you know he works for the insurance company who has trained the guy to do whatever he can to short change you--more he saves the company more of a bonus he or she will probably expect at the end of the year.

I strongly suggest you speak with an attorney and allow the attorney to review your file and settle your case or if need be, take it to the arbitration where a neutral person gets to decide.

I hope this helps-if you have questions call my office, I will be more than happy to try and answer any other questions you may have.

Disclaimer: I am a lawyer licensed in the State of Illinois only, and I am not your lawyer (unless you have been in my office and signed a contract). This communication is not intended as legal advice, and no attorney client relationship results. Please consult your own attorney for legal advice. This is for informational purposes only.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Taradji Law Offices 120 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2800 Chicago, IL 60602

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search