Legal Question in Workers Comp in Illinois

my son died at work of a heart attack. He had no medical conditions. The autopsy determined hardening of the arteries. Is there any benefits that he is entitled to.

Jeffrey Shancer Law Offices of Jeffrey M. Shancer

If his work caused or contributed to causing the heart attack, there may indeed be benefits available under the Illinois Workers' Compensation Act. Death benefits may be available under these circumstances. You should consider speaking to a lawyer about the matter. I would be pleased to answer any questions you may have. I am very sorry for your loss. Jeffrey M. Shancer, 312/795-9000

Jason Marker Marker & Assosiates, Attorneys at Law, P.C.

My condolences on your loss. The case will most likely come down to a physician's opinion as to whether the work was one of the causes to your son's death. The work need not be the only cause or even the main cause, it just needs to have been one of potentially many causes. Many times these cases come down to the conditions your son would be working in, whether he was indoors or outdoors in the hot temperatures or not, whether he was undergoing very physical activity at the time, et cetera. An attorney can help facilitate obtaining this type of opinion. I would be happy to assist if you would like to contact me at the information below. Best of luck to you.

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Illinois

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms