India  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/26/07, 8:56 am

Child custody urgent ....someone please help ! wife left for her mom's house about 2 months ago with my 1 yr old child, and refused to come back. Now she has left to australia where she is a permanent resident abandoning our son with her mother.

Since she abandoned our son and she would not be coming back as she left for a job in australia.....can i go and get my son, i would want to proceed only legally and get custody of my do i act in this situation to help me get custody. What does the law say(Hindu - Indian law) in regards to the mother abandoning her child, what rights does the father have...and how do i proceed !

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search