India  |  Securities Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/01/13, 2:04 am

my maternal uncle and aunt passed away 6 years back and they have no issues. they have some units in mutual funds and succession certificate was issued by Court favouring 8 of his other brothers and units to be transmitted to a single person consolidately for which everyone has accepted. But now the Mutual Fund say that the relationship of the claimant is not clear and hence produce another succession certificate which is clear in all respects. Is it possible to get another changed succession certificate with the relationship mentioned and some units also has to be added

2 Answer

Answered on: 8/02/13, 7:12 am by Muhammed Rafeeque

It is difficult to answer without seeing the docs.

You can approach the court again for the issuance of a fresh sc.

However, please note that mutual fund has no authority to seek clarity in a court directives, if it specifically mention about the rights of persons.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

VLegal New Delhi, India New Delhi, 110075

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search