India  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/02/09, 6:40 am

Contradicting statements in FIR

Ld Counsels, I am falsely implicated by my wife and father in law. My FIL gave a complaint stating that I demanded 10 lakhs for living with his daughter. After one month police took another statement from my wife that says I am not interested to live with her and I am demanding money even to give divorce. If she wanted divorce she should have approached family court instead. The fact that we attended couseling before going to police is not revealed in teh first statement. Also the FIR is filed after one month since the compliant is lodged. This is a counterblast for my petition in family court under section 9 of HMA. My wife has left my home with all her things and threatening me to give money. Can this FIR be quashed. There is no mention of date and place of dowry demand, the statement that she seeks divorce and his fathers statement that I demanded money to live with her is contradicting. Also pls tell me if police can tamper with statemetns made and further complicate the matter. I have not received summons from court. FIR registered on 10th Nov 2008.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search