India  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/10/08, 12:34 pm

Regarding a bond paper

I have been gifted a house and a plot which is purely my dad's property. I don't have any share from my grandfater's property. I have also signed a bond paper which says i will not claim for any more property than house and a plot that is given to me. As far as i know, this bond is with my dad. But he says that he does't have that bond with him and threatens that he would not give me a penny for the maternity period that i would stay with him, until i give him that signed bond which he thinks is with me. I don't have that bond paper. What should i do? Is it possible for me to threaten him saying that i would drag him to court for the grandfather's property? If i do so, and if he finds the bond that i have signed which says that i would not ask for anything more, what would be the concequences? I'm sure that he is lying to me that he doesn't have the bond, so that he would escape from giving me money spent for the maternity period. What should i do in such case?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search