Legal Question in Family Law in India

I have filed divorce petition in family court, india in january 2011. After 2 years, my husband who works abroad has come to the court as he claimed to have not getting leave. He is returning in 3 weeks time. Court is sending us for couseling and then mediation now. Meanwhile they says they are ready to return my ornamnets and money involved. My question is if i go for settlement outside court, do i have to file mutual divorce petition withdrawing the existing case which would take another 6 months?

What is a faster alternative?

Asked on 3/18/13, 7:11 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The alternative is if in the present case if 6 months have expired then it can be send to mediation and where before the mediation the settlements terms and conditions will be mentioned and accordingly a report is send and divorce is passed based on the said report and no need to wait for six months. If six months have not passed then file mutual consent divorce.

Read more
Answered on 3/18/13, 7:43 am
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

dear client u can alter present divorce petition in mutual petition. but u have to wait for six months period. for any legal help call me on 9422611385

Read more
Answered on 3/18/13, 9:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now