Legal Question in Family Law in India

I have filed divorce petition in family court, india in january 2011. After 2 years, my husband who works abroad has come to the court as he claimed to have not getting leave. He is returning in 3 weeks time. Court is sending us for couseling and then mediation now. Meanwhile they says they are ready to return my ornamnets and money involved. My question is if i go for settlement outside court, do i have to file mutual divorce petition withdrawing the existing case which would take another 6 months?

What is a faster alternative?

BHARAT NARASGOUDA BHARAT NARASGOUDA

The alternative is if in the present case if 6 months have expired then it can be send to mediation and where before the mediation the settlements terms and conditions will be mentioned and accordingly a report is send and divorce is passed based on the said report and no need to wait for six months. If six months have not passed then file mutual consent divorce.

dear client u can alter present divorce petition in mutual petition. but u have to wait for six months period. for any legal help call me on 9422611385

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India