Legal Question in Military Law in India

I am an ex-sailor of Indian Navy disabled during Indo Pak war on 14.12.1971. My disability element of pension was discontinued from 08.3.1975 onward without assigning any reason despite a remedical board held in December 1974 and disability increased from 20% to 50%. After legal battle Honble Delhi High Court passed order on 20.12.2002 for payment of arrears within 90 days, but to no avail. Again Re medical Board was held on 14.1.2004 and disability was decreased to 20% despite the fact that I am 75% pysically disabled - no vision in Left Eye with Gloucoma in Right Eye besides, high Diabetes. Filed Petition in Armed Forces Tribunal which passed order on 18.5.2011 to pay arrears fortwith but to no avail. Honble Tribunal passed another order on 24.11.2011 to pay all arrears with 12% interest from 1975 onwards till 23.11.2011 within 90 days but to no avail . Now I have filed execution petition but dates after dates....38 years of sufferings. IS THERE ANY CONCERNED LEGAL LUMINARY IN INDIA WHO CAN GET ME JUSTICE ?

Asked on 5/31/12, 12:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys S.Seshadri
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, you can petition the Supreme Court for a early decision on your pending applications.

Read more
Answered on 7/04/12, 10:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Military Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now