India  |  Sexual Harassment

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/10/13, 7:40 am

My daughter was raped by her friend and she is 17 years old. The prosecution hss begun today after nearky two and a half months. The accused was nabbed after lodging of FIR but eyewitness turned hostile and the accused is in the judicial custody. The accused mother approached me even before the chargesheet was filed and she asked for mercy as she too has a daughter who is 21 yrs of age.and pleaded that a compromise be done. The cops were alreafy playing smart as they had made the witness hostile. I knew what was in store for me and lots of hardships were yet to come. Hence we made the papers of compromise in front of her lawyer but the lawyers are forcing my daughter to say that compromise is possible only if she says that she lodged a false complaint. In other words, she has to say that no such crime of rape happened. Plz help.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search