India  |  Sexual Harassment

My daughter was raped by her friend and she is 17 years old. The prosecution hss begun today after nearky two and a half months. The accused was nabbed after lodging of FIR but eyewitness turned hostile and the accused is in the judicial custody. The accused mother approached me even before the chargesheet was filed and she asked for mercy as she too has a daughter who is 21 yrs of age.and pleaded that a compromise be done. The cops were alreafy playing smart as they had made the witness hostile. I knew what was in store for me and lots of hardships were yet to come. Hence we made the papers of compromise in front of her lawyer but the lawyers are forcing my daughter to say that compromise is possible only if she says that she lodged a false complaint. In other words, she has to say that no such crime of rape happened. Plz help.

Answered on: 4/10/13, 11:43 pm by shiv shakner saini

I don't understand why you want compromise?????

You don't want that accused should be behind the bar??

{The accused mother approached me even before the chargesheet was filed and she asked for mercy as she too has a daughter who is 21 yrs of age.} Ask her IF SAME HAS HAPPENED WITH HER DAUGHTER THEN WHAT WILL SHE DO??????????

BUT still you want compromise plz call me

saini law Behind Dainik Bhasker,Old-Ginnani, Bikaner.09587744142,colorfullifes@yahoo.co.in Rajasthan High Court, 334001

Answered on: 4/15/13, 5:33 am by Jayesh Desai

Ideally, you should not compromise. Due to such attitude, this heinous crime continues unabated in our country. If all become tough and do not compromise; then only it will stop.

Mr. Saini has rightly asked - what would she do if it would have happened to her daughter?

I would not advise to compromise.

Jayesh Desai 609 Dalamal Towers Free Press Journal Marg Nariman point Mumbai, 400021