Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in India

i have been married to a person who harasses me and threatens me.i am being beaten up by him and ridiculed by his family.he sexually harasses me and physically and mentally wounds me.i have two daughters so i put up with him.recently he had an illicit affair and after being exposed wants me to leave him i am a housewife with no source of income and he is a business man what can i do??

Asked on 3/20/13, 2:49 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

File case for maintenance and domestic violence also.

Read more
Answered on 3/20/13, 6:46 am
Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can file a complaint under Domestic Violence Act, and also seek maintenance and divorce. You can also seek maintenance for your daughters independently, along-with their custody.

Read more
Answered on 3/22/13, 9:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Sexual Harassment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now