Legal Question in Tax Law in India

can a person file a civil suit seeking stay of recovery of penalty imposed by the exise department

Asked on 3/24/13, 11:39 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You cannot file a civil suit for the recovery of exise dept coz it is a not a civil wrong ,In respect to the penalty in exise dept. You have either to file appeal or revision or you can file a Writ petion against the department to quash the order.

Read more
Answered on 3/25/13, 2:42 am
Jeevesh Mehta (Advocate) (Ph Maven Legal- Advocates & Consultants
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to file an appeal againt the order confirming the penalty to the appellate authority. Along with the appeal you will file an stay application for the same.


Jeevesh Mehta | Custom , Excise and Service Tax Advisory|


Read more
Answered on 4/10/13, 4:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Tax and Taxation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now