Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Indiana

avoiding neighborhood associations

Hypothetical scenario:

Suppose I plan to buy property out in the country. One day a real estate developer comes along and puts up a housing addition adjacent to my property. Eventually a petition to form a neighborhood association is submitted. Since I moved to the country to protect my soverenty, how do I ensure this neighborhood association will have no bearing on what I can or can't do on my property?

Asked on 5/21/00, 2:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marvin Coffey Marvin E. Coffey Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: avoiding neighborhood associations

If the land you purchase is not part of an association then neighbors who form one cannot force you to be a part of it. An association agreement is formed for a block of land and every part of the block becomes bound by it. But once you have purchased and own the land without an association it cannot be forced on you.

Read more
Answered on 7/04/00, 9:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Indiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now