Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Indiana

I was awarded a judgement back in 09-12. I took the person back to court 2x for payment but they were held in contempt of court for not showing up. They just filed bkr 13. Am I entitled to recoup my loss?



Asked on 8/24/13, 7:58 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Gregory Coleman Coleman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You will need to file a proof of claim in order to get paid anything by the trustee. You can go line to the court website and find that form.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/13, 4:35 pm
Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Probably not. You are an unsecured creditor, which means that you get no priority. You can file a claim in the bankruptcy proceeding, but don't expect anything.

Read more
Answered on 8/26/13, 1:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Indiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now