Indiana  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/03/05, 10:09 am


My 28 yr old niece got arrested on a charge of ''dealing meth'', she has 3 children 1yr, 7yr, 10yr, she is in jail and the children services are giving my niece 2 more days to sign over her kids or the state will put them in foster care. My question is '' How can this happen when she has not yet been convicted of a crime?'' The father of the 2 older kids even has joint custody but the state will not let him keep them unless my niece gives him full custody.If she does not sign gaurdianship of the baby to the baby's grandmother, then the state will put her in foster care.I do not understand this and can't get the CFS to talk to me and answer any questions. Please help.

Thank you for your time

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search