Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Indiana

I work at a small factory and feel I am being discriminated against because I am a woman. The plant manager that hired me stepped down and a new one was appointed. The new plant manager has only given me one raise of $.50 when my 90 days were up. The girl hired just before me got 2 raises of $.50. One by the previous plant manager and one by the new one. The new manager has hired 5 Males all starting at the wage I now make. 2 of them were hired in before my 90 day raise was given and they were hired at the rate I make now after being there a little over 6 months. 3 of the males hired do the same work I do. 1 quit. Can I file a complaint?

Asked on 5/15/12, 3:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Voyle A. Glover Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can file a complaint. You should start with filing with the EEOC. Just google "EEOC Indianapolis" and you can find the forms you'll need to fill out.

Read more
Answered on 5/16/12, 6:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Indiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now