Legal Question in Elder Law in Indiana

If a loved on is in the hospice and the adults want to change the ownership of the house to their name, how is it done? A quit Clam Deed? If done, will the mortgagor be able to ask for a new mortgage even if they pay it on time?

Asked on 4/15/13, 12:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There are many ways to transfer title, including a will, a trust, a quitclaim deed, a deed upon death, all depending on your particular circumstances. Depending on the language in a mortgage, the lender could accelerate the debt or request a new mortgage. In many situations however, the lender is amenable to leaving the status quo, as long as someone makes continuous payments.

Read more
Answered on 4/15/13, 5:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Indiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now