Legal Question in Family Law in Indiana

How to change Jurisdiction from Indiana to Texas

My son and I are residents in Texas but I divorce was in Indiana. I never knew that I could possibly change the jurisdiction to Texas. What is the code for that law? Can I do it myself by filling out a form and sending it up there? If so, what form? I'm having a really hard time getting a lawyer to do it in Indiana and need this jurisdiction changed soon - ex is trying to take me backt to court for custody. Thank you.

Asked on 6/05/02, 8:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dorene Philpot Philpot Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: How to change Jurisdiction from Indiana to Texas

The only way you're going to get the jurisdiction changed to Texas is if you and she both agree to the change, the old court agrees and the new court agrees.

Read more
Answered on 6/06/02, 8:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Indiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now