Indiana  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/14/02, 11:47 pm

dad moves ? visitation

our divorce was final in 1997. my x husband has decided he is moving 2 states away and wants to know how i want to work visitations. in our divorce we have joint custody i have physical custody. i have been told before that he has to file an intent to move with the court before he moves. he doesn't plan on doing that and i want to know if i have to let our child go without the courts ok. if i let him go and he decides not to bring him back, i can't claim kidnapping so what are my options? i want my son to see his dad, just don't feel safe having him so far away. he has medical problems and dad can't handle him most of the time the way it is. please advise!!!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search