Legal Question in Family Law in Indiana

My ex-husband pays support, but has only seen our son once in 6 years! He demands that I meet him halfway but I refuse since it has been so long. It took him four years to see him the first time. Our agreement says nothing as we got a divorce the cheap way. He claims that he doesn't have the money to come see him, but yet is buying toys that he doesn't need. Am I required to meet him halfway? Will I get in trouble if I don't meet him halfway? He only lives like an hour and a half away! Please help!

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP

He would pick up the child for visitation at your house, and you would go to his house to retrieve. Should not be a big problem if he is only 1 1/2 hours away. You would have to ask the court to order an alternative.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Indiana