Indiana  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/02/13, 7:57 pm

I gave up my children to my x-wife's husband about 20 years ago. Back in September of last year my daughter asked to move in with me with her daughter, my granddaughter. She stayed here until February of this year when we had a disagreement and she hasn't talked to me since. I have however started a relationship with my granddaughter's father and his family and he has been bringing her over every week to visit with us. I love her very much and just wondered where I stand as far as any visitation or if my daughter can do anything legally to stop me from seeing my granddaughter or if she can do anything to the father for letting me see her.

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/03/13, 7:51 am by Jay Rigdon

If by "giving up" you mean that your biological children were adopted by another man, than you have no legal rights in this situation. If the child's mother convinces a court that the child should not be around you, then you have no right to object if the father is ordered to avoid further contact between you and the child.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Rockhill Pinnick LLP 105 East Main Warsaw, IN 46580

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search