Indiana  |  Family Law

Modification of Support at the wage rate of a registered nurse?

I have had custody for 3 1/4 yrs. and ex-wife is ordered to pay $50.00 a week in support. Since we have had custody all she has talked about is going to school and getting her degree as a registered nurse. She has made few attempts to attend school and she has been unsuccessful. We have a statement where she felt that if she did get a better paying job or education we would only take her to court for more money. I feel that she makes herself fail so she doesn't have to pay more. My question is this, can we request the court to modify support at the hourly wage of a registered nurse, due to her statement, that she did not want to better herself because she doesn't want to pay more in support? She can't keep her support up and yet she is planning a 15 day vacation with her sons this coming summer. What is the possibility of our succeeding in our filing if we filed such a request?