Indiana  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/26/07, 11:01 am

modify divorce decree/name change minor

My son (14) still has my maiden name on his social security card, but it was changed after marriage to his father's name. SS office says need court document stating name change. His father and I have since divorced. I am getting ready to file a motion to modify the divorce decree to make me the primary insurance carrier. Can we add this name change information through this modification of the divorce decree?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search