Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Indiana

We agreed to help a friend out with a living situation. We made a verbal agreement with him that he would sell us his sectional sofa and 2 televisions for a place to stay for a few weeks, a price was never discussed only that we would "work something out" He helped us exchange our furniture for his and was here for 2 weeks until he got arrested and was in jail for a month and is now serving house arrest for another 3 weeks. The rest of his belongings are in our garage which he has paid us storage for. He is now saying he never agreed to sell us the furniture and he will press charges for theft and bring the police to our place if we don't return them to him when he comes to pick up the rest of his stuff. He has no receipts or proof the stuff was his to begin with and refuses to even give us a price that he wants for them even tho we have offered to pay. Do we have any legal recourse on this situation?

Asked on 8/22/13, 6:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes. Return the furniture to him. You had no legal contract with him.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/13, 7:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Indiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now