Legal Question in Juvenile Dependency in Indiana

I recently turned 16 and I have been looking to get emancipated since I was 15. I have done a lot of research on the subject and I meet all of the Indiana requirements. I found a way to graduate several years before I was meant to and I am already a student in college. I have saved about 10,000 dollars which will be enough for covering rent over a 12 month period as well as fully furnishing my apartment. I have a steady job working with my mother and make over enough to pay for my monthly cost of living. I save about 10% of my income and I have a very solid financial plan that would allow for unexpected expenses as well as if I was to be fired and could not find work for several months. I do not currently live separate from my mother and my family would not approve of my being emancipated. But it is something I feel like is necessary because of family issues and my need for independence from them. I am inquiring on the likely-hood of my individual case being approved. I do not want to go through all the drama from the action and not reap any reward from it.

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

As presented, it sounds as if you have a very good chance at being emancipated. However, you are more liekly to obtain a court order in your favor if you have counsel represent you, so adjust your figures to include attorneys fees, etc. I note that you did not mention how you pay for college. A jusdge is more likely to favor you if school will not be effected. Good luck.

More Juvenile Dependency questions and answers in Indiana