Legal Question in Personal Injury in Indiana

How much do I deserve for my car accident settlement? I was involved in a car accident. I was a pedestrian hit by a drunk driver. I was crossing at a designated pedestrian walk way late on a Saturday night. I was slightly intoxicated myself. From witnesses I got hit hard and flew pretty far. I landed on my left side. Ambulance came and I insisted I was fine, however since I had been drinking they made me go to the emergency room to get checked out. At the ER they said I was okay and could go. Afterwards I have not had problems except my elbow that I landed on had been feeling stiff/a slight pain when I lay on it for a long time or when I work out. It has been a little over 2 mths since the accident and I really feel okay. The driverís insurance company is trying to settle with me. They have offered to pay my ambulance, ER bill and $500 for pain and suffering. I am not interested in taking more than I deserve but I want to get whats fair. People keep telling me I need to be careful because I could have future medical problems from this, since I was hit so hard and I need to be careful settling. Does anyone have any thoughts on what would be a fair settlement? Thanks!

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

The value of a case depends upon MANY factors. These include, but are not limited to, the nature of your injuries, your medical bills, your lost time/income, whether you have any permanent problems (residuals), the skill of your attorney (if you have one), the location in which you live, your personal appeal as a courtroom witness, and apportionment of fault. You should really consult one-on-one with an attorney, even if you just pay him for an opinion.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Indiana