Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Indiana

Can a person keep family members from entering the deceased persons home? The family is questioning if the deceased and the person not letting them enter his home are still married. Where can they request to find the information if they were still married?

Asked on 7/01/13, 4:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you know they were married, the burden is not on her; it is on the persons seeking to contest to prove that they are not. Clerks' offices in each county in Indiana maintain records of filings, including divorces, and online services are available as well.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/13, 6:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Indiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now